This week, I asked John Langen, improviser, teacher, director, and writer to guest post on my blog. You can check him out at The Improv Shop or on his blog, John Langen Improvises. Thanks for your post, John!
1. Ask the audience for a philosophical question, not a one word suggestion.
2. Lift the question as high as you can in the Harold opening. Make it all powerful like in the Invocation.
3. Then examine the question from all sides.
4. Explore the question in your scene work.
5. And let the Harold reveal the answer.